Happy New Year 2019! Yes 2019 is finally here and I wish all of you a wonderful year filled with happiness and joy.
Now I would like to take this opportunity to talk about a big decision I took regarding Selena Fashion the outlet in Quatre Bornes, Mauritius. This December we had a big event and there I’ve announced that we are closing the shop in January. “Why closing, how, where will I find my clothes” was the type of reaction I had from many of you. Although I know that there are plenty of nice shop in Mauritius, deep inside that made me happy to know that you liked our work.
Why we decided to close the shop:
- In a world of digitalization, most of our customers are online – yes!
- Tell me about the rent!
- And how about parking… and the double yellow lines in front of the shop and in all lanes of the city…
- Where to find time to do deliveries, fashion design courses, choosing fabrics, managing the shop, creating new collections, traveling to meet factories and keeping up with my life?
So yes, that was a veeery difficult decision. After months of ignoring this solution and thinking that I would be able to manage I had to face it that closing might be the best for me, us and Selena.
For sure, I’ve put all my heart and time in this outlet and still remember spending so many hours in organizing, painting the wall, ironing clothes, thinking at the desk, meeting and serving clients… so many memories. But now having closed the shop, I feel quite light and confident. I know for sure this decision is not the end for Selena.
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So, when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it’s going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
Getting inspired from this quote, Selena will focus and be:
- 100% online with a website, e-commerce platform, Facebook and Instagram
- Serving more size from XS to 4XL – don’t worry we will have our size chart online
- Delivering order either personally or we will send my post (yes, we are already doing international deliveries)
And in the meantime, we will focus on creating Selena’s collection.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram or let’s keep in touch through this website where you will find projects, travels, news and of course collections 😊
See you soon,